Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Life as We Know It

I don't even know where to start.

I know that A LOT of people are going to ask "why?" but honestly I don't know how to answer the question.

I mean I do know why I decided to join the Army.

I just don't want to share the reasons with people who pretend to be my friends. Which pretty much is everyone.

It's weird because my family loves the fact I'm doing it and completely understand why I'm doing it. They actually get it, but I'm 100% sure no one else will.

It's even funny because my cousin told me she would have done the same exact thing if only she wasn't a "weenie".

All I know is that even though I'm going active for 5 years because I got 31Bravo & Airborne (which I absolutely LOVE) I will still be "young". I mean, when I get out, i'll be 23...which if you really think about it, I still have loads of years ahead of me to live.

I feel so satisfied that I didn't join because no college wanted me. I actually applied to USF, FIU and UF.
And USF & FIU accepted me. So I know I'm not stupid and I could have gone down south if I wanted to.

I'm smart and the Army wasn't a last resort.

I know I made the right choice. And for now, I'm happy.
Unfortunately, I won't be happy for long because gossip and pathetic comments will bring my bubble down.

But I will keep on doing my thing. Because I always have and I always will.

~Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment